Kangle's User Manual: Working w/ Kangle
Hi, this is a manual for everyone who is going to work with me :)
After I saw Peter Saddington's User Manual, I simply have to have one too!
What I Believe:
- I believe that I can do anything. Like seriously, I can.
- I believe that people should know their purpose in life. This is the only way for you to truly work hard on something. Otherwise, you won’t put it your true 100%.
- I believe that everyone should be constantly updating themselves on every important aspect of life (i.e. Business, Mental, Empathy, etc), daily.
- I believe that my life is the result of my decisions and execution. I am fully responsible for my failures and successes. If I am late for the meeting, it will be my fault. Even if the bus was late, or the internet went down.
- I believe in motions, the further I go, the more I know and the more I accomplish.
- I surround myself with good people. In my world, good people make things happen. I pick good people over good ideas every single time. How I define good people is (good intention + good execution + good intelligence + Wisdom).
- I believe in hustling. Working smart + working hard = cool things get built
My Communication Style:
- I text people when I have something to say. I do it almost instantly.
- I am straightforward. I don't give hints, I just say it. I am not good with jokes and metaphors.
- With my team, people can slack me anytime. Even if it's 2 AM in the morning. If I am up, I will reply.
- I like fast responses, though I understand not everyone can do it. But if we are working closely, I will respond fast and expect the same.
- I believe that remote working can be just effective. I am big into in-person meetings as well if we are in the same city.
- I schedule 99% of the things. I respect everyone's time by explicitly state out the time for meet ups. I don't give people "it should work" or "let's wait and see if I am too busy that day". I expect the same respect in return.
- I don't wait on people. If I am leaving at 8:00, no one can make me leave at 8:01.
- I don't remind people. I think it's one's own responsibility to use a calander.
- I text people and receive text 24/7, but I reply to the higher priority ones first (i.e. works related). I reply to messages that are not work-related in a boxed time.
- I don't like to be disrupted when I am working in person. I much prefer you to send me a slack if I am working. Even if you are just sitting across the table.
- I am very intentional with the words that I use, I avoid using words that don't mean or do anything.
- I like to travel to different places throughout the year, but I am always working even if I am on the road.
What I Don’t Have the Patience For:
- People who can't use Google & Youtube
- Words that can't be followed by actions
- Beat around the bush
- Slow progress
How To Best Communicate with Me:
- Feedback: I am always looking for feedback. Just shoot me a slack or message. I would always appreciate that.
- I do my best when you are consistent in the communication channel. If we talk on slack, keep it on slack. If we talk on Twitter, keep it on Twitter.
You've successfully subscribed to Kangle Lin
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to Kangle Lin
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.